We are seeking an Electrical Engineer for the design and selection of electrical equipment within the Oil & Gas industry to join our team based in Ely, Cambridgeshire.
Main duties and Responsibilities
Conceptual electrical scope review at the proposals stage to determine the requirements for all electrical design.
Review and interpretation of customer specifications and national & international codes and ensuring that best industry practice and Health, Safety & Environmental considerations are applied and adhered to.
Detailed electrical design work throughout the life of each project in support of the Project Manager, providing solutions to issues that may arise.
- Working collaboratively within the discipline group.
- Preparation & checking of documents produced “in-house” relating to electrical design and equipment.
- Use AutoCAD to create electrical drawings.
- Preparation & checking of hazardous area drawings & calculations.
- Checking of documents produced by suppliers relating to electrical equipment.
- Providing engineering support and resolution of technical issues relating to electrical equipment.
- Custodian for document templates relating to electrical equipment.
- Review & interpretation of specifications, standards & regulations relating to electrical equipment.
- Selection of goods & services relating to electrical equipment.
- Assisting Purchasing with obtaining quotations from suppliers & sub-contractors, reviewing quotations.
- Reviewing plant layout with respect to electrical equipment.
- Understanding of hazardous areas and the design of equipment for use in hazardous areas.
Attendance at key meetings such as clarifications, handovers, design reviews and close out, both in-house and with the Customer as required, such as:
- Participation in Contract Review / Kick-off Meetings.
- Participation in Design Review Meetings.
- Participation in P&ID & GA Review Meetings.
- Participation in HAZOP / HAZID / SIL Meetings.
- Participation in Workshop Handover & Sub-Contract Pre-Inspection Meetings.
- Participation in Close-Out Meetings.
Participation and attendance during inspection & testing relating to electrical equipment.
We offer a modern, completely refurbished and spacious working environment with free staff parking, within walking distance to Ely rail station. Other benefits include 25 days annual leave (in addition to Bank Holidays), Contributory Auto-Enrolment Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and optional healthcare.
To apply, please submit CV and covering letter to Ruchi Gaur, Group HR Manager, to firstname.lastname@example.org
***SORRY, NO AGENCIES PLEASE***
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process (i.e. visa, EU passport, residency permit etc.)
A copy of our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants can be found on our web site at: http://www.ogsl.com/privacy-notice